A City on the Hill
Campaign for Our Lord Christ the King
UPDATE March 2015
Our vision is of community and oneness, accessible by everyone. We seek to physically and spiritually strengthen the people by unifying the School, the Parish Center, and the Church. A City on the Hill is an initiative designed to gather up disconnected pieces and knit them together to become a complete whole. When this happens, everyone in the City starts to belong, to give and receive, and to powerfully move together in one direction.
WHY A CAPITAL CAMPAIGN?
The steep slope and groundwater in the hill between Ellison and the Parish Center are damaging the Parish Center and the Church. To protect our buildings, we must excavate the hill to install better drainage and fix piping. This will be costly and must happen regardless of whether or not we build a new building.
So, should we just put the hill back OR should we maximize our investment by efficiently addressing other needs?
What are the OTHER needs?
Other needs which can be efficiently addressed include:
- Enlarged gathering space at the front of the Church.
- Handicap accessible restrooms on Church’s ground level.
- Covered (walk or elevator) access from upper parking lot directly into the Church.
- Increased office, meeting, and storage space.
- Expanded number of offices – currently 10 people share two offices and a conference room in the Rectory which is the Priests’ residence.
- Meeting rooms – additional space will allow for more parish and community meetings that enhance our lives.
- Storage space – many organizations such as St. Ann Soldality, Athletic Commission, and Scouts do not have the ability to store their equipment and resources here.
- A larger cafeteria:
- Accommodate two lunch sittings instead of the five short, disruptive sittings.
- Double as a gymnasium
- Alleviate cramped practice schedules,
- Eliminate over $10,000 annually being paid to rent outside gym space.
- Expanded and enhanced Preschool and Auxiliary Services. By using the old cafeteria space to accommodate these programs we will be able to grow and improve the programs and attract more new families into both our school and parish.
GOD OF LIGHT, you have blessed us men and women of Our Lord Christ the King Parish. We pray for hearts fresh with enthusiasm and energy to do your will. Guide and help us during this time of material sacrifice and call us to generous giving.
Inspire us to make choices that will benefit our entire parish family, so that rooted in our past and dedicated to our present, we might be visionaries of the future. United in faith, confident in hope, and renewed in love, we dedicate ourselves to becoming A CITY ON THE HILL.
Please prayerfully consider your participation in this important campaign. We need your help to make needed repairs, complete necessary renovations, and construct new spaces for our Church, Parish Center, and School.
Gifts to A City on the Hill comprehensive campaign can be honored in any combination of cash, trust, appreciated securities or property. Gifts are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. If you are interested in making a matching gift from your employer, or in supporting A City on the Hill in your estate plans, please call the parish office.news
News & Events
HGC Construction (HGC) has been selected as the general contractor for our “A City on the Hill” Capital Campaign Project. “A City on the Hill” is Our Lord Christ the King Church’s mission to connect the Parish Office, the Church … Continue reading
Our parish “A City on the Hill” campaign is moving forward! The excitement continues to grow as our parish builds for the future. We are approximately $180,000 away from closing in on 100% of our goal of 4.5 million dollars. … Continue reading
Our parish has begun an exciting phase of our Capital Campaign/Building Project! As we near the completion of the campaign, we have turned our attention to the design and construction of the new building. ArchitectsPlus has been selected as the … Continue reading
“A City on the Hill” Capital Campaign is beginning Phase II. Please click herefor an update from Father Ed.
Fr. Ed Smith and the Campaign Leadership Committee invite you to attend one our upcoming campaign receptions on Wednesday, October 9th and Tuesday, October 22nd. Both will begin at 7:00pm in the Parish Center. During the receptions you will have … Continue reading
Just a few months ago Our Lord Christ the King Parish embarked upon A City on the Hill Campaign to ensure that we continue to provide the proper environment to prepare and nurture our next generation of Catholics. Our vision is of … Continue reading